Monday, March 26, 2007

The Downside to Procrastination

I thought at this point I should discuss the possible negative ramifications of procrastination.

Namely the fact that it was 3am before I got to sleep last night. Now, part of it was my husband's desire expressed at 11pm that he have something for lunch today. Monday is usually my baking day, so I had planned to make a cake this morning. THEN he wanted "something else" to go with his ham and cheese roll for lunch. So I threw a quiche in the oven, then a cake. While they were baking I did some reading for uni, not enough, but some.

My problem was that once they'd finished cooking I had finished a reading (and 1:30am is NOT the time to start in on a new, 10 page essay on the downfalls of positivism (separating law from morality) in a legal system.), and started browsing the internet. One of my favourite sites (http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/) is having dramas in the forums, so instead I read "recaps" of various shows. Mainly Veronica Mars. Until 3am.

Of course, that was mostly my own fault. I took the laptop to bed at 2am and read until the battery ran out at 3. I was tired, but not sleepy.

Thankfully, I don't have as much planned today. About 10 pages of readings, already iced the cake. Off to the library in a few minutes, and usual Monday bins, fridge boogies etc., then swimming lessons this afternoon.

Of course the question now is, will I learn from this lesson and go to bed at a decent hour, or catch a quick nap after lunch while the kids are glued to the new DVD we're going to get from the library and do it all again.

Stay tuned to find out

1 comment:

lightening said...

You're a much kinder wife than me. LOL. Not that I don't ever bake stuff for DH but generally on my timetable not his.